Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Cadet Scarves



              A while back my husband asked me if I would be able to embroider his arms onto his cadet scarf. While I hadn't actually done anything other than tracing a generic pattern before this time, I figured I would give it a go; after all, it wasn't as if the hubs was going to complain because I told him up front I wasn't sure how well it was going to turn out. 

              




               To start out, I had the hubs send me a picture of his device; doesn't look too hard, right? Having had no actual instruction on how to actually embroider anything (aside from 'you thread the needle, push it through the fabric and then back out') I discovered that I actually had quite a hard time with curves. But I did it. And I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out. 




             Not too bad, right? I used a back stitch for the outline and satin stitch to fill it in. Working with the metal thread for my first actual project wasn't really my best idea, it pillowed a bit but when I paneled it I got a working knowledge on metalwork. When I finished I asked both him and his Don (Frasier) if they would be okay with me embroidering Frasier's arms onto the other end. 




             Again I used the back stitch for outline and satin stitch for filler. The rose itself I used a satin thread.....and having had no knowledge of that it was such a pain to work with. But, I got it done. I even got to put Frasier's arms on his second cadet's scarf as well. 

Teo's completed scarf. 

              Frasier's other cadet (Richard)'s scarf. He doesn't have arms himself yet, but I told him when he finally did that I'd put it on the other end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment