Monday, October 22, 2018

Silver Crescent - Eldrich Gaiman

Continuing on the roll of getting scroll assignments for friends, I received a Silver Crescent assignment for my friend Eldrich Gaiman. And I got to work with another friend, Lorenzo Gorla, who did the words for this one.


When I was looking for source material, I was keeping an eye out for something that screamed Eldrich to me. And, using what I knew of his fighting style and approach, I went with the "Sword-belt, Knife and Stylus" by Pierre Woeiriot de Bouzey II; located HERE on the Met's online collection and depicted below.



The angles in this source piece are actually what made me think of Eldrich; as his fighting style seems like it comes from all angles. That, and I thought he'd really enjoy the knife and stylus aesthetic of their piece.

To personalize it, just a bit more, I had the mad idea of sneaking even more ermine spots throughout the piece. Honestly, I lost count of how many there actually were.










And, as I said, the amazing words were done by our friend Lorenzo Gorla:


"By order of Brennan and Caoilfhionn, Emperor and Empress:

Since there is ever present need for aid and good works to be done, Akbar III and Khadijah III provided the Order of the Silver Crescent to commend those who surmount such labors for the proper maintenance of the Kingdom. To the roll of this order shall the name of Eldrich Gaiman be entered. He shall be entitled to bear the badge of the order in all places. To entirely no person therefore be it licit to infringe, or with rash daring to contravene, this order of Our approbation, renewal, decrees, declaration, determinations, precept, concession, grant, remission and command. If anyone however would presume to attempt this, they will know themselves to have incurred the indignation of the Eastern Thrones, all of their allies and friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment